Praise the Lord!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Post About Life!

Friendship,

You know what I love? The simple trust, honesty and conversation that passes between best friends! This morning I had a conversation with my best friend in the middle of an slightly empty coffee shop, she trusted me with information about stuff that's going on in her life and I was honest with her about my opinions and thoughts. She talked, I mostly just listened, but it was definitely the highlight of my incredibly long morning. :)

Humor.

Today I went to the grocery store (and because I'm an insane person I didn't bother wearing shoes;) and when I received my change for the 5.28 I spent, I put it in my back pocket, completely forgetting that I had a huge hole in my back pocket, therefore all my change went falling from my pocket onto the stone cold floor "You dropped your change" the cashier snickered. . . How humiliating!?

Family.
Olivia: You know what?
Me: What?
Olivia: I should make a heart shaped cherry pie!
Me: You're so random, Olivia.
Olivia: (Eye's widen and face shows an expression that says "I like that idea.") I'm random?

C.S. Lewis

"There was a man born among these Jews who claimed to be, or to be the son of, or to be 'one with' the Something which is at once the awful haunter of nature and the giver of the moral law. the claim is so shocking- a paradox, and even a horror, which we may easily be lulled into taking too lightly- that only two views of this man are possible. Either he was a raving lunatic of an unusually abominable type, or else He was, and is, precisely what He said. There is no middle way. If the records make the first hypothesis unacceptable, you must submit to the second. And if you do that, all else that is claimed by Christians becomes credible." -The Problem of Pain.

Movies.

Last week I watched the movie 'The Goonies'. Have you ever seen it? Well if not, and your over the age of 11, and under the age of "OLD" I encourage you to watch it, its a classic! And if you have seen it, good. Watch it again. It's a classic! filled with eighties music, cheesy lines, adorable clever kids, Brilliant bad guys, and  pirates! Once again that's 'The Goonies' directed by Richard Donner, produced by Steven Spielberg, starring Sean Astin (Heh heh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment