Praise the Lord!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Boy Who Wrinkled His Nose . . .

Yesterday I watched Landon. He's one of the cutest babies ever! He has blue eyes and a little bit of blond hair, and he doesn't crawl, he rolls. You can set him down, on one end of the room and within seconds he'll be on the other side of the room! Recently he has been making this face, he wrinkles his nose, and opens his mouth wide revealing the one little tooth he has on the bottom of his mouth! It is so cute!

Today I did a bad thing. I pulled the screen off my bedroom window and climbed out on the roof! And there I sat and watched the sun set. In the woods to the west of our house, there resides a bog. So as soon as I cranked open my window the chirping of frogs filled my room. The roof was hot and felt good, matched with the subtle wind that was blowing. It was so peaceful! I sat so high above the ground, nearly level with the trees. It was so peaceful I am so blessed to have seen that sight today!

Do you ever wonder why children cry so much when they are tired? I have a memory to share with you. When I was younger my grandparents owned a lake house! My parents used to load all us kids up in the van and we'd go spend a few days down there! Now, I remember late one night, driving home, -I don't remember why we were coming home so late- but it also seems like the air conditioning was broken, that's a little beside the point. I sat in my car seat in the dark van, the windows were all open and the wind was blowing loudly. I remember crying my head off! I was so tired and being unable to sleep and I was so confused, I remember not knowing why it was so loud and dark, I just remember not knowing what was going on, everyone else was probably asleep, and I remember crying out to my mother in pure exhaustion. I remember being angry about everything that was going on. Then, I must have fallen asleep because I don't remember the rest of what happened.

Today I went on a walk through the woods. I traveled to Indian Mound, and the Old Shooting Range, and all those wonderful places that I call home! and whilst walking across the flat land by the creek, I spotted green! Green sprouts on a wild gooseberry bush! At least I thought that's what kind of bush it was. . . And it made me so happy. You wait a ruddy January and a balmy February for spring! and finally, its here!

Happy last week of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment