Praise the Lord!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Windows.

I live in a house made up of giant windows. I also live in the middle of the woods. . . Lie. I live on the edge of the woods, however my house is still amerced in trees, but to the east of my house is a field. This field is always visible through my windows (Save in the instance of great fog), and currently that lovely field is covered with snow.

I love 'The Land!' when it snows. Living in the woods, we are secluded from the world outside us. Secluded from the place where snow is bothersome, unappreciated, pushed out of the way, and made black. while yes my brother has spent all day yesterday and a good part of today, 'pushing it out of the way' as I just put it. The snow is still here, most of it untouched by anything human.

I am reading this book  called Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl, by N.D. Wilson. Awesome book. I got it for my birthday in November, in February I started reading it. The second chapter Wilson spends admiring snow. He talks about the intimacy and care God puts into each snowflake, he talks about the quantity of snowflakes. The very day I read this chapter was the day it snowed two feet. Chance? Definitely not.

I could have read that chapter the day after I got the book, but I didn't. I read it during the biggest snowstorm of my lifetime. That's God. In the book Wilson talks about how nature talks, how it has a language, and how it is a language. God speaks and the snowflakes are. Now with two feet of snow in every direction, I look out my big windows, I can very well see/hear God. He is near, loving, rebuking, and displaying grace.

Sometimes we feel distant from God. (That's a laugh) We feel lonely, forgotten or ignored because God doesn't come talk to us like he did Moses or Abraham. (That's Wilson) But God is there!
"See the snow!" He says,
"Ick. Snow." says I,
"I want you to look at it and hear my voice."
"Go away snow! You're cold, wet, and nasty."
"See how lovely I spoke it, see how I caused it to gather in drifts!  See how white it is."
"How am I gonna make it to class on time?"
"I made this snow white with My words, I will make you white with My Word."
"God, let me make it to class safely and on time!"
"Through the finished work on the cross, My Son will wash you as white as this snow."

God gave me windows to see this lovely snow, to hear His voice, to admire it, and worship the Speaker. I love the snow, even though it is too deep to play in and too powdery to sled on. I am thankful for it, because through it I have heard Gods voice.

"Cone now let us reason together," Says the Lord , "Though your suns are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow, though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

Now, Look out your window, what do you see? Can you hear what God has spoken? Let it intrigue you, let it consume you, let it lead you to worship the Speaker of this mysterious language called 'Snow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment