Praise the Lord!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To Die Would Be An Awful Big Adventure!

Recently I have been thinking about heaven A LOT! I'm so excited to be there, I can't seem to get it off my mind!

I'm sooo excited to know God without hindrance, sin, or distraction! I'm so excited to be held in the arms of my Savior! I'm so excited to have a glorified body! I'm ready to be done with this sin nature! I'm ready for my faith to become sight! To see the streets of gold, crystal clear waters, greener grass than I can even imagine! I hope there are mountains in heaven. I'm so excited to see God's glory and rest in it.

Oh, how I yearn for it!

Phil Wickham sings a song called "Heaven Song" It's most definitely one of my favorites! Right now it pretty perfectly describes how I feel. The chorus goes.

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song!

In John 17:3 Jesus says, "And this is eternal life, that they may know You". Think about all the attributes of God that you can! Love, Righteousness, Justice, Almighty, Majestic, Holy, Unfathomable, Creator, Father, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Glorious, Beautiful, Gracious, Merciful, Wrathful, Perfect! Can you fully wrap your head around even one of these? It's impossible!!!! I have great hope in the fact that we will spend eternity knowing and understanding this Awesome God, on a much, much deeper level!

Oh, praise! Come Lord soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment