Praise the Lord!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Finite Thinking . . .

I'm so tired.

My whole life I've had this way of thinking "When I get older, everything will make sense.". Well here I am, 17 years old and nothing makes sense, everything makes less sense, in fact! A friend of mine once said "I went away looking for answers. . . But I only got more questions". I wrote down that quote because I remember thinking "that is so true!". The more questions I get answered the more questions generate!

And this is what gets me. I will have this issue, my whole life! "Since your only 17, how do you know that"-you, How do I know that!? Because, some of my role-models told me. These women are people I look up to and admire and respect. Dr. Helen Roseveare, Hannah Lee, Danielle! Each one of these woman have told me at one point in some way or other "The more you learn the less you know".

I think God did that on purpose. He is so Infinite, so Grand, and so Unfathomable, so that no matter how we search out the mysteries of life, no matter how hard we try to understand, no matter how hard we try to be infinite, we only fail and sink further into our finite-ness and our lack of knowledge.

God is so big, so holy, and so glorious, the more we know him, the sooner we understand how much there is to still learn about him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment