Praise the Lord!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Picture Of Art

Well I've done it, I started a blog. Something I told myself I wouldn't do untill I had a world of exciting things to write about. Alas here we are: me writing, you reading.

I've always loved reading different blogs. I enjoy reading random ideas of life from someone else's perspective- that's what to blog means I think .When someone tells you "I blog." really what they mean is, "I post random views, opinions, and happenings about my life on the internet, check it out!" This is not a bad things by any means, on the conturary, I believe to be an art.

The idea of art, is to make a picture of some sort. Pictures are made up of ideas, views, lies, promises, lines, curves and histories. They are most often inspired by a vision, a truth, a feeling, or the sheer genius we call imagination. When inspired humans will find anyway they can to exress the picture that is in them. I wish ot write about three ways of doing so.

First, there are those whom we call artists, they make pictures through drawing, molding, or painting, they create wild, vibrant pictures for all to see. These pictures stick in our heads, sometimes they grow into stories, sometimes they even inspire us.

Second, there are ones we call, musicians. Musicians make pictures through music, by throwing a number of notes together, and clashing several different types of instruments, and creating a pleasant little tune for all to hear and wonder at. Music has the devine ability to stick in our hearts, Indeed, this is art.

And then third there is a group of people who are called writers. With words, a writer can create the most powerful form of art. When a writer has a picture in his head, he will use words to form phrases sentences, paragraphs and pages, placing each word right where it belongs to make the picture in his head, look the same in yours.

These are just a few ways of expressing pictures. And while paintings and sculptures are very lovely and wonderful in their own way, they will never amount to the art of music. Music opens the little treasure box we all carry, called emotions. It searches deep within the box to pull out the most shiney object there is and runs wild with it. and while this is a powerful form of art, you will hardly ever hear one say "That song changed my life". No indeed, the art that changes lives the most is writing. We read; beliefs and views of the author either affect us or become our own. Reading can shape our thoughts, it can change our hearts, and mold our minds.

At least, that's my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment