Praise the Lord!

Monday, October 25, 2010

What We Have Seen

Pink, purple, baby blue, red, and orange, were the colors of the sunset tonight. like an invisible volcano which erupted, sending up a river of purple and pink water that rolled violently over giant smooth boulders in the sky, until it faded up into the great blue void . It was all mixed together perfectly in a brilliant burst of intelligent design. It was too beautiful to be real, yet too perfect to be fake! The sky was all clear save for the purple river of clouds that sprang up from the volcano, as if  the clouds had been aligned just right to display the majesty of God.

 I sat in awe of the amazing creation that lay vast before me. Beauty. wonder, mystery. I thought of heaven. I sat in awe of God, who was revealing himself to me through a sunset, I thought how much more awe I will be in when I reach the end of this life, and go on into eternity.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. -John 17:3

I wait eagerly for the day when I may know God. God, the creator of every sunset. God, who brings the stars. God, who sent his Son to bear my sin, take the wrath I deserve, and credit his righteousness to me.

In all this, rests my hope.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait either until He is our Sun (Rev. 21:23). You are a welcome addition to the blogosphere sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete