Praise the Lord!

Monday, October 18, 2010

What Come's First, Ought be Remembered

Today was a day of firsts for me.

Today I got my first Mid-Term Exam back. Twas the first time I talked to a guy named Sebastien. Twas the first time I nearly fell asleep in French class. It was the first time I left my math test confident My score would be high. the first time I turned in a job application. And it was the first time I drove across the large  Blue Parkway bridge.

I felt perfectly silly! I was the only one on the whole bridge- the speed limit was 35- there I was, slowly ascending up the awkward lonely bridge, in my little Malibu, feeling very alone, yet very independent!

It was the first time I had ever crossed this bridge, as I wrote earlier, and I was alone. (Note: alone above) it felt weird not having seen one of my many siblings do it before me, I had no one there to instruct me, no model to follow. (Note: independent above.) In that moment I realized that the only person I could rely on now, was Christ! My family won't always be there to do things for me or show me how they ought to be done. No matter what! Christ will always be there- guiding my steps.

God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment