Praise the Lord!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some Melodious Sonnet

Have you ever answered the question: "What's your favorite music?" In my opinion that is one of the most difficult questions to answer. If it were to happen to me, that someone ask me that question, the scene would go a little something like this:

   "What's your favorite music?"-Random Character

    "Well... I like James Newton Howard, Bing Crosby, Sovereign Grace Music, Regina Spector, Enya, Hans Zimmer, Idina Menzel, Danny Elfman, Kate Rusby, Lecrae, Trip Lee, Jai, Rich Mullins, Michael Card, Yo-Yo Ma, One Republic, Alan Menken, Anonymous 4, Dion, Hillsong United, Wavorly, Patrick Doyle, Run Kid Run, Quidam, Damien Rice, Phil Wickham, Harry Nilson, Shane & Shane, Rufus Wainwright, Kendall Payne,-"-Abigial


     "Truly you have a dizzying fondness for music."-Random Character

     "Wait till I get going! where was I?"- Abigial

It is true...  YOU CAUGHT ME! I'll admit it. Just stop accusing me, you can get that long bone-y finger out of my face. I'll admit it... I am obsessed with music.

I'm not a musician. While I truly love to sing, I've never been able to play an instrument. I don't have the patience, discipline, endurance, and devotion it takes to learn one. Oh that patience, discipline, endurance, and devotion I so admire in musicians. Music is a life long occupation; once a musician, always a musician.

As I've written once before "Music opens the little treasure box we all carry, called emotions. It searches deep within the box to pull out the most shiny object there and runs wild with it.". To express,- what words cannot express- man uses music. Music makes us feel what we've never felt before. It inspires us, perhaps in ways we will never know; by music we fly, live, savor, dream, and imagine without even leaving our comfy arm-chairs.

Music is such an amazing thing. Ponder this for a moment: one of the longest and best known books of the Bible is made up of songs and poems! God gave man music to reflect His glory. God gave man Music to praise and worship Him. God gave man music to unite us.

Music is a way of fellowship and unity. A room of a thousand men can be filled with five hundred and one different conversations, but as soon as the music starts, one thousand voices joined together in song become one together in praise and worship for The One True God.

What a wonderful gift God has given us! Like a man whose family buys him a lawn mower for his birthday  and when he gets it, he mows every lawn of his family members. Let us, like said man, use the gift God has given us to bless him in return. "Bless the Lord, oh my soul, bless the Lord!"

            "I will sing of steadfast love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will make music."-Psalm 101:1

1 comment:

  1. thump. thump. thump.
    haha I love to hear your melodious-ness Abi

    ReplyDelete