Praise the Lord!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Going Home

If you've been to my house, You know that it is a good sized house. My father built this house 19, almost 20, years ago with his bare hands, some power tools, and a church family. At the time of its foundations the Bricker family was big but not complete. A wife and husband with six boys and one perfect little girl, But by the time the upstairs was built, the family had grown. A husband and wife with six boys and two perfect little girls. The Brickers were complete! As for the house that they lived in, well lets just say it was livable.

By the year 2004, over half the boys had moved out and back and out again, Then . . . the family grew, In the summer of 2004, Jeremiah married Jessie. In the winter 2005 Benjamin married Alyssa. Then in February 2006, born to Jeremiah and Jessie, came Ethan James, the next generation! In the spring, Josiah married Sarah. By 2010 Jeremiah and Jessie had three children with one on the way, Ben and Alyssa  had Three children. Making the final tally come to 19 Brickers.

This house has served us all well. For a few years Josiah and Sarah lived with us, Simeon who currently lives in Lee's Summit spends his weekend's here. Joanna, Rebekah's best friend, sometimes spends the night, so she can be 3 minutes from her work rather than 20. Every Christmas the whole family spends the night, and we spend every Sunday here together eating lunch and hanging out. No to mention every Halloween the party we host, with up to fifty guests.

Currently there are 11 People living here, 3 of which are under the age of 5. There are many benefits that comes from such a full house 1) Designated dinner nights, 2) I haven't been a day without getting to hold a baby 3) You're never alone 4) There's always a conversation going 5) Surrounded by people you love. Just to name a few.

I've lived in this house my whole life. It's a nice white house in the middle of a forest, my neighbors are my relatives.We have one big pond for fishing and swimming and boating, then we have two small ponds, for good looks and fish for feeding. We own forty acres, plenty of woods to hike through and plenty of fields to play in. And in the summer, we cover the front yard with lawn chairs and blankets and rest in the shade. Our house is pretty! A welcoming place that I call home.

They say "Home is where the heart is." But I don't really believe that. Because as much of a home this place is to me it isn't where my heart is. My heart is with my Savior, Jesus Christ. Where ever he is there I want to be also. He is my treasure, the pearl of greatest price! While I love immensely this place our God has blessed us with, It's not where I belong. And  I know that if I lived here alone I wouldn't love it so much, it's my family that makes this place home. Their welcome and counseling, their fellowship and games, their company and love, and encouragement that makes everything wonderful here. I am glad that we all share hope in the promise of eternal life. One day when I go home, When I really go home, my family will go with me. We will all see the face of our Savior, and spend all eternity, getting to know the awesome God who created us and blessed us.

God be praised forever and always!

1 comment: