Praise the Lord!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The End Of All Things Wonderful.

Well, another Christmas has past. After seventeen Christmas's you think I'd be used to that feeling. The one I get when all the presents have been open, ripped wrapping paper is sprawled across the living room floor, half the relatives have left, and dusk is approaching. The only food left are the cookies and fudge on the table and everyone sits in sort of a daze talking of random nothings.

In this moment there is always a strange feeling I get, it feels like pain, but it also makes me feel warm inside. It's the feeling of unsatisfaction and yet the feeling of a full belly. It's pleasantly bothersome, and every year I feel the same way. Like I've just missed something wonderful. Like I've fallen asleep at my favorite part of the movie. Like the song ended before I took my earplugs out. Like reading a supper intense book only to get to the end and find the last two chapters missing. Like the director has just screamed, "That's a wrap!".


Perhaps I will never understand this feeling. Mayhaps you've never felt it before. And maybe, just maybe, you deal with this issue every year, same as me. I wish I could tell you a secret. The answer and cure for this feeling. I wish I could at least tell you where it comes from or what it is. But I can't. I just don't know. All I have to share is this, (And I believe this is a vital clue to the answer!) "All things wonderful . . . Must come to an end."

Thank you Christmas. You've been a wonderful blessing. Hope to see you again next year.

And to you, reader fair, Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment